Great properties that stand the test of time are those that continually evolve while keeping a careful eye on the past. We are pleased to share some exciting improvements that we believe will enhance the overall experience of our guests and allow us remain one of the preeminent resorts in America.
Unveiling Latest Suite Enhancements
Constructed and opened with The Broadmoor in 1918, the two-story Southlake building has stood the test of time. Nestled along the southeast curve of Cheyenne Lake between Broadmoor Main and the South Tower, these series of rooms and suites are perennial favorites.
An enhancement project completed this summer now brings a new look to Southlake with the addition of balconies, a new entry foyer, lighting, carpeting and furnishings. Southlake maintains its historic appeal, but the rooms and suites have a new distinctive flair.
Call Reservations at 866.837.9520 to book these suites now.
A New Look for Cheyenne Lodge
The Broadmoor’s 6,300 square-foot Cheyenne Lodge, adjacent to the Mountain golf course, offers both indoor and outdoor event and conference space. In addition to the views overlooking the mountains and Colorado Springs, the lodge now has a new look that features a handsome, rustic exterior with timbers and split logs, capturing the true essence of Colorado.
Restoration of Historic Pauline Chapel
In 1918, while The Broadmoor was taking form, a chapel was built across from Cheyenne Lake under the supervision of Julie Penrose. It was designed as a “rest” chapel for the use of hotel guests. After a careful restoration, Pauline Chapel is now, once again, a place of prayer and meditation for guests.
Upcoming Projects for Spring 2013
• The Tavern’s Garden Room is currently being rebuilt to give it a European conservatory feel with an abundance of florals added to the plant life. The Tavern remains open for dining during this renovation.
• The popular dining destination and watering hole for locals and guests alike, The Golden Bee, will have an expanded interior, as well as debut a new façade and tented rooftop, reminiscent of a 19th century London pub. Construction is underway.
• “PlAy,” a restaurant and family activity center will be added to Broadmoor West. The space will feature bowling lanes, board games, electronic games, and a room for private events. The activity center is designed to appeal to families, teens and individuals, as well as special events and private group functions.
Broadmoor West Renovation Spring 2014
• Broadmoor West will experience a comprehensive renovation, expanding the rooms and baths, along with redesigning the exterior of the building to give it the character and charm of our historic main building.
• A new Italian restaurant designed by Adam D. Tihany, will be added with decor reminiscent of a historic Italian villa with a focus on fresh ingredients and authenticity in the food offerings.
• The current West Lobby Bar will be transformed and include works of art by Western Masters, a living room with fireplace and an outdoor terrace.